Wednesday 13 November 2013

Task 1d reflection

Posting pictures on the internet is something there are many discussions about. I personally love being able to  share all my holiday and party pics. It means everyone else in them has an easy way to see them and access them. I also like that I can see other peoples albums and keep up with their lives through pictures. I have friends who have been out of the country for years and I still feel like I know exactly what is happeing in their lives through their facebook pics.
On the other hand we had some serious issues with facebook whilst I was at school. A girl a few years below me sent compromising pictures of herself to a person she thought she trusted and 2 weeks later they were on facebook for everyone to see. They were removed quickly but not before almost all the girls friends had seen them. Obviously at a school rumours spread like wildfire and the girl eventually left due to embarassment. This is quite a drastic case but some pictures changed her education her friends and probably many other things as well.
When using the web for images and even sharing images at all you need to consider exactly how they represent you and how other people will view them. If you do this then you can easily and freely share everything you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment