Wednesday 13 November 2013

Task 1b


I never realised I was already using Web 2.0. in everyday life. I get a lot of work and ideas for work from Facebook and rely on it to provide my income. Without Facebook I would not have the job at Cellar Trends that I have now!
Now that I have read Reader 1 I see how much more productive I can be using Web 2.0. I can promote myself not only as an Actor but also as a promotional worker and many other things. I have also started adding and following people in the same line of work as me so I can get ideas and inspiration from them! This has already gained me one skill I would never have considered before; Stilt Walking. Without the push I got from a recent contact on Facebook I would never have even tried it let alone realise I was good at it!
This also leads me on to how important two way communication can be. I have never thought about normal “read only” websites and social networking websites in different ways. Now I see that Web 1.0. is vastly inferior to web 2.0. I think there is still space for the web to be “read only”. It is like a book -you wouldn't expect to be able to respond to the author straight after reading it and there is plenty of information and ideas that do not need response and therefore can be left alone. The pros of Web 2.0. is that you don’t have to be completely certain of what you are saying. If I write something in one of my blogs that is questionable or even completely wrong I hope that one of my class mates would correct me or give their opinion on the subject. This makes me feel safe that when I do form a strong opinion on something it is based on a well rounded group of writings opinions and facts.
The cons of Web 2.0. are that it is an open book, anyone can write in it and this can easily be abused! A good example of this is Wikipedia. Many children get set homework and jump straight on to Wikipedia to do it not realising that it can be edited by anyone and what they are using could be complete nonsense. I do feel that the web makes it too easy for wrong information to be passed around, especially for the younger generation many of whom would not think to check in a published book if their information from the web is correct. Despite some negatives web 2.0. has become an integrated part of life and will continue to do so as time moves on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment