Wednesday 13 November 2013

Task 2a and b


Writing a journal is not something new to me. As a part of my 3 year diploma we had to write personal journals every day. When doing it one of the problems I had was making it personal, I could easily report everything I learned for the day but I never put in my own opinions. As I got further into the three years I made a big effort to include more of 'myself' in my entries.
Mostly I used description but as I improved I added more and more reflection. It helped me to work out why I struggled with something in dance or how I came to conclusions about my character in drama.
I also used the technique of writing from another person’s point of view but in this case the view of a character I was playing. I now see that if I carry these ideas over into writing my journal for BAAP I can use it professionally. If I get a role in anything I will write my journal from my character’s point of view and see how it differs from mine. I know it will be a useful characterisation tool.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia

    Look forward to see how you get on with trying these styles out in your journal. like yourself at College we had to write everyday.

    You reminded me that i have also written from another persons view before, it had completely slipped my mind that writing from a characters point of view is just this and i have done this many times! So thank you for that :)

    Look forward to your next post.

    Heather X

    ReplyDelete